Position: Shooting Guard
- University of Missouri
- Los Angeles Lakers (1992–1996)
- Vancounver Grizzlies (1996–1997)
- Minnesota Timberwolves (1998–2003)
- Sacramento Kings (2003–2004)
- Washington Wizards (2004–2005)
- 15th overall draft pick in the 1992 NBA Draft
- Known for his 3-point shooting and “Tomahawk” Jam
- Averaged 9.8 points per game over his 13-year NBA career.
- Led the league in three-point field goal percentage during the 2003-04 season with the Sacramento Kings (.482)
- Threw an elbow at former teammate Kevin Garnett during the Kings’ 2003-04 playoff series. He was suspended for the rest of the series.
Give Me The Rock advised fantasy basketball owners to take a strong look at Peeler as a valuable option for deep leagues that counted three point field goals and three point percentage. Or, more importantly, because “he does look like a thugged out baller in his league photo.”
Aside from shooting 3’s, Peeler was also famous for elbowing Kevin Garnett in the side of the head during the 2003-04 playoffs. Peeler was suspended for the rest of the playoff series and Garnett was fined $7500 for a retaliation elbow thrown at Peeler during the incident.
You know you were special at one time when you have a song named after you. MC Radiation pays homage to Peeler in his song titled “Anthony Peeler“. The lyrics are too NSFW for our blog, but you can find them here. Oddly enough MC Radiation is from Portland, Oregon. Shouldn’t he be rapping about headbands or Oden? This blog profiles and interviews MC Radiation, calling him a “highly respected artist in the Southeast Portland underground hip hop community.”
That Southeast Portland hip hop scene must be out of control.
If you live in Oklahoma City you can attend the Anthony Peeler Basketball Camp. And if you live in Oklahoma City, you just stole the Sonics from Seattle. Do you feel dirty?
Peeler highlights from his college days:
Peeler dunking for the Lakers:
This guy is NOT an Anthony Peeler fan:
But you know this guy is. Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. MC Radiation:
>>Return to RFP Homepage